Custom Ad Design Information
Thank you for visiting NMMG Design. From design to layout to magazine submission, I will provide you with a professional custom designed ad that will be print and magazine submission ready.
Below are a few things that I will need to prepare your ad:
1. Specifications from your Publisher: Trim Line, Bleed Line, Image Area, Color Mode, etc.
a. If you don’t know, you can provide me with your publisher’s information and I will contact
them for the pertinent information.
2. Name of Publication(s): I will need to know the name of the Publication(s) that your ad is to run in.
a. Ad Deadline Date: For best quality, I need sufficient time to prepare your ad and prefer at
least 2 weeks prior to ad deadline to prepare the ad
i. There is $50 Fee for Rush Orders (>72 hours)
3. Photos: It is important that I receive your photos in the correct format and before the Ad deadline:
You can provide me with the original photo and I will scan it at the proper resolution. Your original photos will be returned to you. NOTE: If you send original photographs to be processed in-house, make sure that the back of each photo is marked with name and address of the person that the photos are to be returned to as well as the names of the dog and owner. That way, your photos will be returned without delay
If you are mailing your photos to me, I strongly recommend you use USPS Priority Mail, Fedex or UPS so the photos can be insured and tracked.
- You can send your photo(s) electronically, either from a digital camera or scanned photograph. NOTE: Email in small numbers to maintain high quality images.
i. Photos must have a resolution of 300 dpi at the size they will appear in your ad. NOTE: If photos are not of a high resolution, they may not be suitable for reproduction due to lack of quality.
ii. If you are unsure about the resolution of your image(s), consult your photographer or photo processor. If your images are received and I determine that the resolution is below what is acceptable, I will contact you before designing your ad.
iii. I cannot accept color copies of original photos, as these will not reproduce to your satisfaction.
iv. I prefer photos be in jpeg format, at 300 dpi
v. All photos should be in good condition. Photos can be touched up or repaired if necessary. However, I WILL NOT alter the conformation of your dog.
- All photos provided must not be copyrighted material. If you do provide Copyrighted material, you must provide a release of the copyright from the original copyright holder. It is the sole responsibility of the client to ensure that copyrighted agreements on your photos are being met. NMMG Design will not be held liable for any copyright violation of photos provided by clients.
- All photos must be CLEARLY labeled with name of the dog, name of the owner, name of breeder, name of handler, date and detailed description event or milestones for each photo, etc.
4. Ad Copy
a. The Ad Copy should be provided in typed format either in the body of an
email or attached as a text document, if sent electronically.
b. A hard copy printout will also be accepted.
c. Your copy should include all information, such as the dog’s registered name,
call name, sire and dam, owners, breeders, handlers, address, phone numbers
and email, name of judges(s) pictured in the ad and information about your
5. Ad Design
- I can use your concepts or my design concepts or a combination of both. I am easy to work with and will make a mock-up of the design before it is finalized.
i. Need to know size of Ad and color(s) scheme, theme, etc.
ii. Any specific Fonts to be used (must be Commercial Use)
iii. Photo extractions or objects removed from photos; I can remove, recreate, or recolor the background of your photo; remove or replace unwanted people or objects. For examples see Photo Editing
iv. Graphics: I have a number of Commercial Use Graphics that can be added to embellish your ad if desired.
6. Proof Approval: Once your ad is completed, I will send you a Proof.
a. Upon receipt of your proof, review the proof for spelling errors and
important information before approving.
b. You will have 3 days to review and Approve of all completed work and advise
of any corrections (e.g. spelling, pedigree, picture placement, etc.).
c. Do not Approve your Proof until you have reviewed the entire AD. It is the sole
responsibility of the client to ensure spelling and correctness of the information
on their AD. If no response is received within the 3 day time frame, the work
d. Any corrections requested after the 3 day period will incur a fee of $25 per
change submission for publication.
7. Pricing and Payment
- Start at $75 per hour. Rate does not include shipping. Rates are subject to change without notice
- Cash, PayPal, checks accepted. Checks must be cleared before all work is started.
- Minimum payment $50 should accompany photos. Final payment Due once proof is Approved.
8. Ad Submission to Publisher
a. Once the ad is Approved and the Balance Due is paid, the ad is released to the client and can then be submitted to the publisher. NMMG Design will mail the ad to the publisher (rate to be determined by shipper) or email the ad (if the publisher will accept electronic submissions)
a. Once the ad is Approved and released to the client and/or publicist, NMMG Design will not be held responsible for any discrepancies or deviations created/caused by the publicist, ads lost in the mail, etc.
10. NMMG Design Promotion and Portfolio
- NMMG Design reserves the right to use any and all layouts created by NMMG Designs for promotional and portfolio purposes. This includes, but is not limited to, NMMG Design website, blog, brochures, flyers, ads, magazines, and other blogs.
If you do not want your ad to be used for NMMG Design promotional or portfolio uses, you must notify NMMG Design, in writing, prior to the commencement of your ad design.
Ready to place your order?? Contact Us to get started.